From August 10 to September 28, 2019, Hotels.com and Tech It Out are giving away a $250 Hotels.com gift card -- one per week (for a total of 8) -- to listeners of the syndicated radio show and podcast.
To be eligible to win, you must: follow @Hotelsdotcom on Twitter. Tweet out WHY you deserve a free stay in a hotel (once sentence is fine). And include the hashtag #TechItOut. That's it!
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day, per week. No purchase is necessary. You need to be a legal U.S. resident age 18 years or older. The same person cannot win more than once during this contest. There are some other restrictions listed in the Terms & Conditions.
Completely random. As you'll see in the full Terms & Conditions, Hotels.com and Tech It Out will randomly select one (1) potential winner per week for 8 weeks. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
Each week's winner will be contacted within 5 business days. Plus, their name will be announced on the Tech It Out radio show and podcast each week, and mentioned on Twitter.
Enjoy the contest. Thank you to Hotels.com for this awesome giveaway. Be sure to read the entire Terms & Conditions.
Official Rules for Tech It Out
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees of Hotels.com, L.P. (“Sponsor”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 PM PT on August 10, 2019, and ends at 11:59 PM PT on September 28, 2019 (“Entry Period”) – totaling 8 random draws/giveaways. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: To enter, follow @hotelsdotcom on Twitter, use the hashtag #TechItOut on Twitter during the Entry Period following the conclusion of the Tech It Out podcast episode each week in August and September. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day, per week. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. By entering, you indicate your full agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
4. Drawing: Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner per week for 8 weeks to be announced on the Tech It Out podcast in a random drawing of all entrants. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners within five (5) business days of the drawing.
5. Potential Winner Requirements: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, and time permits, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only two (2) alternate potential winners may be contacted if initial winner does not respond to Sponsor in three (3) business days.
6. Prize: Winners will receive a $250 Hotels.com gift card. Use of the gift card is subject to the applicable terms and conditions, which will be provided at the time of award. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
7. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, it parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) any errors on the Hotels.com website that may prevent an individual from participating; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of posts; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas.
11. Winner Information: For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to 5400 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy, Suite 500 Dallas, TX 75240. Requests must be received by July 30, 2019.
12. Sponsor:The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hotels.com, L.P., 5400 LBJ Freeway, Suite 500, Dallas, TX 75240.